Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyans for the following vacancies in the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
INSTRUCTORS (YOUTH POLYTECHNICS)
- Advert No. 1/2012
- Posts: One Thousand, One Hundred And Five (1,105)
- Terms of Service: Three (3) Years Contract
- Salary: Kshs.15,000 p.m.
- Motor Vehicle Technology
- Information Communication and Technology (ICT)
- Fashion Design and Garment Making Technology
- Building Technology (Masonry)
- Appropriate Carpentry and Joinery
- Electrical/Electronics Technology
- Metal Processing Technology
- Agri-business (Agriculture)
- Food Processing Technology
- Hair Dressing and Beauty Therapy
- Leather Work Technology
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve theoretical and practical instruction in the area of specialization;
- preparing and maintaining of schemes of work, lesson plans, lesson notes, teaching and learning materials and trainee records;
- carrying out trainee assessment; ensuring proper care and maintenance of tools and equipment;
- conducting co-curricular activities; maintain trainee discipline; guidance and counseling of trainees;
- monitoring trainees on field work and industrial attachment and compiling progress reports.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must be in possession of:-
- Diploma in any of the technical fields/disciplines; and
- Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) for Nairobi, Mandera, Wajir, Garissa, Marsabit, Turkana and Samburu Counties;
- Minimum of Form Four academic certificate for other Counties; and
- Minimum Trade Test Grade III in the relevant profession for instructors working in a Youth Polytechnic (YP) under the Board of Governors (BOG).
Applicants should specify clearly the discipline applied for and Home County on the application letter and at the bottom of the envelope.
Copies of academic, professional certificates and identity cards should be attached.
Applications should be addressed and hand delivered or posted to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
Kencom House, 3rd Floor, Room No. 368
P.O. BOX 34303-00100
To reach him not later than 26th November, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity cards, academic and professional certificates and other testimonials during interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification